Pages

My Blog List

Thursday, February 11, 2010

LOVE
1 CORINTHIANS 13: 1-13



What if I could speak
all languages of humans
and of angels?
If I did not love others,
I would be nothing more
than a noisy gong
or a clanging cymbal.


What if I could prophesy
And understand all secrets
and all knowledge.
And what if I had faith
That moved mountains?
I would be nothing,
unless I loved others.


What if I gave away
All that I owned
And let myself
be burned alive?
I would gain nothing,
Unless I loved others.


Love is kind and patient,
Never jealous, boastful,
proud or rude.
Love isn’t selfish
or quick tempered.
It doesn’t keep a record
of wrong that others do.


Love rejoices in the truth
but not in evil
Love is always supportive,
Loyal, hopeful
and trusting,
Love never fails.



Everyone who prophesies
will stop.
And unknown languages
will no longer
be spoken


All that we know
will be forgotten
We don’t know everything,
And our prophesies
are not complete
But what is perfect
will someday appear,
and what isn’t perfect
will then disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment